Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013


Living off the land

       It's a noble and wonderful idea, but I don't think I can do it where I live. My assumption right now is that most large game meat animals will be hunted off within a year if times get hard. After all,  all we people do get hungry, including my local fellow humans.

            I just got back from a security tour, and there were lots of things in bloom, to include lots of blackberries, and even some raspberries.  Even the honey bee hive was very busy, and the gravity powered water tank was overflowing. Now the maple tree was dry as expected, but it did produce during the earlier season. And,  I saw a bunny rabbit I could snare at another time, if hungry enough. Even the peach tree and apples trees are making fruit OK.

            Yet I do think it is all a good supplement, that will take a lot of time, but probably will not be enough to live off of. Hence I need to grow some garden food, too. And also I should catch, like snare and hunt some meat animals, too. I even added in some fishing food, too.

            I remember once in my  youth trying to live off the land, and the local bears had eaten most of the blackberries I had counted on for lunch. That's the idea I am trying to suggest to others today in springtime 2013.

No comments: