Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013


I've made my peace

       And as an old man (age 65) and a Marine I have made my peace, too.

            First, what do I mean. Mostly present day acronyms like TEOTAWAKI ( the end of the world as we know it) and SHTF (shit hits the fan) are what I mean. Of course there are variations of all this.

            And I have even planned dual use for  of a  lot of what I am doing, like use it now or later, but don't let it go to waste. Heck, maybe I am just wrong. The only probable outcome I can see from my course of action is twofold. One is grocery stores in the future will see a drop in my purchases.  Two is that I will have to grow and trap my own food, which usually means going  halfway or less  vegan, which is fine with me as long as I can eat enough. Heck, I had a friend from Texas who did that (go vegan) during Desert Storm.  And he did OK, though I suspect he may have taken some vitamins, too. I just don't know for sure, though I think he probably did.

            Part of making my peace is the idea of poor and probably destitute people showing up on my doorstep. Maybe there might even be a plague.  And I will help them as best I can. That's part of making my peace. So, again, I will help all as best I can. And I suspect some may die, including me, my Family, and my Friends.

            I never thought of myself as religious, but I always thought of myself as golden rule oriented. That's where this idea came from. So I will help them as best I can in the normal Golden Rule moral.  And that idea includes any religion, like primitive Christian around here, but even all the other religions, too.

            Last, and as a Marine, I can be ruthless, too; like protecting myself, my Family, and my Friends, too. So if that invites friction during how I make my peace where I live, so be it.

            Said another way, I've made my peace.

No comments: