Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Wood-burning stove

       Here's a link you might enjoy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood-burning_stove

            As for me, I just want to eat some cooked food, and if on security duty, even have some warm broth along the way. And of course being warm counts, too. Especially if drying out my wet clothes.

            Now I know, or at least think I know, ole Granny collected wood and pine cones and hemlock cones and other such things out in the yard area, twice a day. Now the name of where she stored all this collection I do not recall right now. Presently I am using a 55 gallon galvanized bucket with lid to do the same thing.

            Last one old time joke from our past, now considered politically incorrect these days. Anyway, my city boy great-grandfather suggested to Mr. Swallows (the caretaker at the time) that he help his wife, Mrs. Swallows, make a rick of wood by the back door to help her wood stove cooking efforts. Well he responded something  like this..."Oh Mr. Williams, I would not trust no woman with that much wood".

No comments: