Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013


Security

       Call me paranoid.

            The intent of this post is just to get us to think. Said another way, what are my security plans now, and as I might develop them. After all the situation will probably develop and even have surprises if times get hard.

            Mostly I want to protect myself and my Family. That idea includes both the water and food we have, both stockpiled and to be grown and harvested.

            Examples abound. Like are we in an urban or rural setup? Is the security for me, or my neighborhood? Are my water and food sources defensible? Are there location possibilities that enhance security?  What are the cold and warm season plans? Can I get reinforcements? The questions are infinite, and usually related to one's situation.

            Hence there is no one size fits all best solution.

            And if all this sounds a little military,  then where there are aspects that probably are, like patrol schedules and routes, so be it.

            One should first figure out their situation,  probably improve their plans over time, and then start their implementation process while it is most convenient.

            But, to me, security is one of the plans one should have, both for the short term and the long term. Let me say it the old fashioned way...food, shelter, and clothing.  And providing a sense of security for the basics is both necessary, and also a good idea.

            Last, and using me as an example, two years ago I wrote myself a five-paragraph order, really an integrated plan, about if times get hard. Then I ended up taking over two months improving the plan as new thoughts and ideas came up. Thank  goodness times are still good, so I can say I am using time to my advantage. But for sure, security is one aspect that I did not ignore, since I knew not to do so was at my peril. So said another way, a good plan now is better than a perfect plan later. Call this a way of thinking, if you choose. And usually the people one works with will have good ideas that should be listened to, also. It's like, I wish I had thought of that, but at least someone did. And the sense of security by all will probably be enhanced as a result, also.

            So I suggest the first thing to do is think about your security, and go from there.

No comments: