Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013


I just want to be happy
       Of course we can be happy, though our standards may have to change. Said another way, all the modern things like public electricity,  and all the things that use public electricity, may go away for a while. But can we still be happy?
            Of course we can.
            Our ancestors did it, and so can we if we want to. This idea applies to our children, too. After all, we are here, so our ancestors did something right in their time.
            Now this thought is nothing like living on the land, or the noble Indian idea. Rather it is just making due with what we have got. Now what we have got is considerable, especially compared to our ancestors.
            Now being happy is mostly good health and self  respect.  After that you figure it out where you live.
            And as to health, and as an old person, we all know we will die sometime. So be it.
            And we all have our own problems wherever we live. So be it, too.
            And my bottom line, I  just want to be happy while I am alive. And that idea includes for my progeny. In this case,  I sure hope we are smart enough to figure it out. I think we are.

No comments: