Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2013


Another point of view
       Before the sequester kicked in, all of the media coverage was on our national defense cuts. The other domestic cuts were ignored in the media, and I wondered what was going to happen. At least now I can see what our leaders are choosing to do.

            All the talk about dumbing down our children was almost academic to me.  Now we openly speak about low information voters.  And the other consequences are becoming more apparent, too.  Including to us, we the people, if you will.

            I always wondered what it was like listening to reports and people during the times of the American Revolution. While I'll never know, I think I know about today's times, and I don't like it very much.

            Sometimes a lot of people have to die to get the remainder's attention.  Said another way, I don't talk until I am blue in the face anymore. Rather I have become more fatalistic.

            While I never have thought of myself as very religious, I think I am becoming more so.

            I lived through the cold war and bomb shelter craze just fine.  Now these days make me worried enough to be different than those earlier times.

            I always thought the main job of our federal government was national defense, and to promote the common good, including commerce. Now there seem to be many more priorities that successfully compete, and that leaves me on my own, which is a crummy feeling.

            I know a 40 year old healthy male who refuses to work. He may be right, up to the point he starves,  is cold, and dies early. And the percentage of similar females has astounded me. All my efforts at charity and tough love have failed. So be it.

            When I was a military recruiter in Kentucky in the 1970's, only 1 out of 3 was mentally, morally, and physically qualified to be a private in the USA military. I wonder what the number is today?

            Progressivism, liberalism, or whatever it may be called over time, is another failed idea. Some just don't know it yet. It has many wonderful ideas that just don't fairly represent the human element very well, nor can it finance itself over time.

            Can the tail truly wag the dog? Maybe for a while, but over time, no.

            I remember all the arguments for an all volunteer army.  Now we seem to have forgotten all these arguments.

            I don't believe the "greatest generation" was all that great. Look at the mess this generation, and future generations, have to solve.

            It seems what goes around comes around.  Is this idea religious, historical, or something else?  Nobody knows, though many may say they know.

            Somehow educating our young ones has morphed from education skills, the wisdom of the ages if you will, to today's indoctrination of this generation's ideas. Even teachers get degrees in how to teach, not what to teach.  I know of one school district where the French teacher could not even speak French.

            The sadly mentally deficient humans among us, whom we know exist, are still all too often treated more poorly than dogs in our kennels.  Just look at the homeless out on the streets of our cities. And all too often, some of them commit mass murders, too. Now there used to be things like enough mental institutions, so there have already been alternatives.  Now that is a tax payer issue, to me.

            The human idea of taxation without representation is still a valid thought.  If I were one of my grandchildren, who when they grow up and have their own Family and want to buy a house, but can't afford it because of today's generation's borrowing and their interest payments and other government taxes, then I know what I would do. I would default.  Said another way, we are breeding tomorrow's problems today.

            The noble savage and living off the land are silly academic ideas.  Life for both was tough. Is that what we want to do today?

            I still know our enemies don't want the Negroes who serve in our Marine Corps fighting for our side.  And all problems with our African-American population are from other causes, in my opinion. Now a good dose of leadership sure would help in this matter, which took time to get into, and will take time to get out of. And the leadership and changes are already underway, in my opinion again.

            Last, I have lived through inflation, and now it is coming back again. Now at least I get to share the pain.  And one obvious example is in borrowing.  If someone loans us $10 billion expecting to get $300 million in interest, but because of inflation, their $10 billion is only worth $8 billion at the end of the borrowing period, then nobody in their right mind would loan us the money.  In this example we would have to live within our tax means, which while considerable, will still cause big wrenches in our society and culture if we can't borrow.  So standby for heavy rolls. In the meantime I still have to pay more for food and gas, for example. And shuffle the numbers if you wish, but inflation is just that, inflation.

No comments: