Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hand Signals


Hand Signals

Here’s a wiki link on the subject:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_signals

Here’s some images on the subject, too.  The image for autos also applies to motorcycles, bikes, snowmobiles, jet skis, etc.

 


 

I took a driver’s test in Japan. It was a lot tougher than what we take in the USA. And being a Georgia Tech grad, I think I know how to take tests. Now I did pass in Japan, but only with an 88 score, and I studied quite a bit, and intensely, too.

A more complete parent-teen training guide from California can be found at:  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl603/teen_htm/drivingskills.htm?lang=en

Last, I have learned over the years that it is to both my advantage, and the advantage to the driver in the vehicle behind me, to know what I am planning on doing with the vehicle I am driving, like turning or slowing down.  So I use my turn signals and braking and slowing down signals, and if the weather and my clothes I am wearing permit, I also use arm signals.

No comments: