Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A food eating story


A food eating story

 From an email to my relatives

 Yesterday I pan-fried some sliced red tomatoes from the Asheville, NC, farmers market.  The tomatoes were a gift to me from my first cousin.

I had breaded them earlier in some bread crumbs, too.

They were pretty tasty, also.  I even mixed in some breaded green tomato slices, and they were good, also. I don’t know where the green tomatoes were from.

I still have some Grainger County (TN) red tomatoes which I will probably slice up for a tomato sandwich, JoJo (my mother) style. XXXX  gave them to me as a gift. And again I do accept gifts and charity without afterthought these days.

Later, before it gets too hot, but still after the morning dew is down, I will go out and recover (and deliver to the porch area) the hardwood cut yesterday. Again it is a good part of this coming winter’s heat in the main house, or so is the plan.  I can use it for cooking, too, if need be.

Any excuse to avoid outside work, including this email, is always on my mind. Heck I even made some chocolate chip cookies this AM halfway just to avoid going outside.

The chocolate chip soft cookies are pretty tasty, too.

PS  My above ground tire garden is thriving, but nothing eatable has grown, yet.  Perhaps a green house on part of the porch next door is becoming a good idea.  My planting date here, due to the possibility of frosts, is May 15th.

No comments: