Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012


One practical definition of inflation
       There was a time when going to an ATM for $20 would get me through a weekend at the NC beach. Usually it was like for beer, soda, food, and gas. Well, within a year or two, inflation had taken that away from me.
            My, and my Family's quality of life, had decreased. And I had even bought a house earlier when things were more tame, which meant I had house payments to make.
            At the time, I was married to a stay at home wife, and we had three little kids, all who ate a lot, at least to me.
            And my Commander in Chief, our federal president, had frozen my pay for his reasons. Like for a couple of years, as I recall.
            So I was going to get out of the military, and take my chances on the open market. The reason I stayed in was because I liked it, plus of the retirement benefits even which I was thinking about at age 30, and at the time. Now they were WWII style benefits, which were not all that good, but I did think of them and add them into my final decision. Mostly it was what my wife thought.
            Well obviously our Family survived, but it was not a fun experience.
            And here we go again, or so it seems. Now it is their turn to "discover" inflation? Like by "their turn" I mean people younger than me (age 64)
            Oh yes, I did get shot at some, too, and along the way.

No comments: