Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2012


Just a story from our past
       What prompts this story is two things.
            One is that I watched my grandfather, who I lived with at the time, watch TV religiously just to get the weather forecast. He was a farmer, though he lived in the small city when I watched him while I lived with him. We were in the Nashville Tennessee area circa late 1950's. The small city was Franklin, TN. And he was my grandfather through my mother's side. In other words, he was my mother's father. And the TV was a Dumont TV, or so I think.
            Second is that I know about a Dumont TV in the attic, and I was doing an estate settlement circa 2002. Well, the TV didn't work, and I decided to can it as part of the estate settlement.
            So I started doing some homework as part of the estate settlement. And this is what I found. Like I said, this is just a story from our past.
            Here's a Wikipedia link about Dumont TV back then:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuMont_Television_Network

No comments: