Translate

Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Jeremiah Johnson, the movie

       I was once sailing through the South China sea on the way to rescue Americans in Nom Penh, Cambodia. Our launch point was going to be from the Gulf of Siam. My unit was going to set in at the north end of the runway at the local airport.

            We used to joke we were boring holes in the Gulf of Siam.

            The State Department pulled us back by the way. Somebody else did it later.

            Well, I watched the movie Jeremiah Johnson the night before, and I was more than ready to die for my country  after seeing this flick.

            At the beginning, I was so "junior" I had to sit in the back of the wardroom, but by the end of the flick, most had gone to hit the rack, and I could then see it all. And I was homesick. And the popcorn was pretty much gone.

            Like I said, it was a good movie, motivating to me.

No comments: