Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2013


Questioning my assumptions

       To make it sound simple,  I assumed the world and my prospects would turn sour in the future, and I had better plan ahead; and I have planned ahead. I think I have done an OK job as to planning ahead.

            Call it mission first thinking, like surviving hard times.

            So far my perceived biggest problem is the shelf life of stored food, and eating the food that needs to be eaten sooner before it goes bad, and also replacing it as need be.  Now that problem is not rocket science, but also not my main strength, like I may screw it up.  And nutrition is more important than tasting good.

            All the other things like clean water and waste water I have already figured out, or so I hope.

            And of course, the USA world may not go "sour", and I have to plan for that, too, and I have. Can you believe I am even thinking that way?

            And I assumed some people, both adults and kids, would make it up to where I live. I also assumed they could make it through the probable road "check points" I myself have had to go through, too, as in my past. And I also assumed they might take up gardening and security because they might have to, if they even make it up here. Now I think some may not even want to work for their own benefit, and expect me to help them. In my opinion that is much the present system we have. Thank  goodness I have been in the Marines to help adjust my attitude.

            So some of them may die. So be it. I even have a cemetery planned.

            For example, I know of a local 27 year old who assumes his job might be to protect the place during daylight hours by sitting on the porch with a gun during daylight time. Boy, is he is for a surprise if he finds out he also has to defend in other times, like 24/7/365, as in all seasons and weathers. Or how about growing the garden, too, like during daylight hours. Even the average sailor knows about 24/7 operations, and also running  a ship during routine daylight time. Now that is an acquired skill, and I thank all those who do this. Good on 'em.

            Now, I don't know for sure about my assumptions?, like I screwed up.  Like I am questioning my assumptions. Call it an intellectual idea, call it a practical idea. Mostly it is the  reality of possible sour times vs. what our USA people may be like and are willing to do to survive.

            I figure worse case some who arrive here won't make it here, or even some of those who make it will be surprises to me. So be it, too. I am counting and hoping on this idea. And the idea of mongrel dogs being genetically superior reminds me of we humans, too.
            And if they don't make it (like even some relatives and friends), or choose not to even try, it means I am truly on my own, and security things are probably beyond me at this point since numbers count, too. In other words, I may die on my own place when defending what I do have with those who do live here, too.  So be it.

            At least I will have dignity.

No comments: