Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013


A successful political formula in the USA these days

       Lie, obfuscate, delay the facts reporting, be a smooth talker,  whatever. And it works all too often these days for so many reasons and for so many people. Whether the intent is election, or just being in political power, I'll defer to the reader. And I know some people who still believe Obama. I myself don't.

            I personally believe he is just not very smart, and actually often believes what he is saying. I also think he has frittered away all the educational advantages provided him in his learning time.  I also often think whoever writes his speeches has Presidential  skills that might benefit me. And now I also think I get to suffer the consequences.

            Let me say it another way. He has hired a bunch of people who think like him, and generally a  lot of them react vice act. That idea provides me fear for our USA future, and my future.

            And in the end, the grim reaper will come, or so I suspect.

            In fact I am planning for the worse, like coming hard times that depend on me and my efforts. Mostly it is just making some electricity, and growing some food.  What a shame if this comes to pass. I never imaged in my youth this could come to pass in the USA. Yet now I worry about this idea. For example, suppose there is no public electricity, or the grocery store shelves are empty. Can you believe I am even worrying this way. It has happened, too.

            And in the last federal election we the USA citizens reelected Obama, so we are also probably culpable.  Or so I think. Obviously, I got outvoted. Now many will probably die. So be it.

            So even now I am even becoming more religious. Mostly this idea has to do with moral values, mostly like helping take care of my fellow man as best I can. Well, I've made my peace, and I will help them as best I can; even if I detest all the things that got us, and them, into a bad state. Anyway, that is my way of personally thinking.  Some might call it the Golden Rule.  I call it Buddhist. In the USA, many may call it Christian.

            Last, being a news and political junkie of sorts, I am more than willing to pontificate.  And I am already willing to accept the consequences, as poorly as I think  the circumstances will sort out. I call it realism.

            For those who have to make religious type decisions, I would encourage something like a Plan B. I call it leadership by example, which I think has already been going on. A lot of parents, like mom's and dad's,  are already doing a good job raising their kids as best they can. Good on 'em!

            In the meantime, vote, includes improving our public education system and methods.

            Our children are our future.

            And suffer and do work hard, in the meantime. My guess it will  be worse for a decade or so until the present good quality  life which we presently enjoy returns,  like for we the "common citizens".  And the next generations will never forget, too.  It will be impregnated in their minds. And our new future world USA will still be a pretty good place to live, especially compared to the other places we might try live, like in the "old world".

No comments: