Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013


Just the basics

       If my elected ruling governments, like local, state, and federal, could help me provide food, shelter, and clothing for myself and my Family, that would be enough to encourage me to pay taxes to them.

            It is almost classic. Create a problem, and then solve it. Unfortunately, it appears many of the present federal rulers are not even swift enough to figure that out. Rather I perceive many just react vice act, and we the people suffer as a result.

            Anything less than that, like providing the basics,  and I have a problem. Said another way, any elected leader or his or her appointed minions who ignore the basics in pursuit of their own goals, are inviting some payback.

            Now I also pay taxes. But I also have to pay for things like food, shelter, and clothing these days. Even some heat during  the cold season is a big deal to me. So is being  healthy, as best I can.

            Heck, I even make my own electricity these days because of fears about our ruling people.  Now the eco-wackos would probably say that is good. I would say I am just hedging my bets, since I did have to spend my money on top of taxes. After all, even I enjoy public electricity's benefits  which so many of our ancestors have worked so hard for us to enjoy these days. Cooking is a good example.

            And my perception is that the all the advantages our ancestors provided for us are being frittered away,  and we are still left "holding the bag", so to speak. Do I want to live like Little House on the Prairie?  No.  Do I want for me and my Family and Friends to enjoy the basics? Yes.

            Are some governments better than others? Yes.

            Do I expect my ruling governments to maintain and improve on the basics?  Yes.

            Do I expect great political change coming? Yes. Even a soothsayer like me could predict it years ago. Will I and my Family and Friends have to suffer in the interim? Probably.

            Suffering is one example of why change happens.

            What ever happens, I suspect we will all want to have the basics to survive, live, and prosper for ourselves and our future generations. Said another way, most of us really don't care that much about "us", but we do care about our children's  future.

No comments: