Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013


The shelf life question
       Bottom line, I use my eyes and nose to see if I want to eat something.
            Now whether the source is canned, freeze dried, dehyradrated, or whatever, my bottom line remains my eyes and my nose. After all, I don't want to get sick from eating bad food.
            Said another way, if I can't preserve food, and eat it later, then I have a shelf life problem.
            And I think of myself as well book trained. And locally I can't find anyone who does it routinely, and could maybe teach me.  And there are many who know how to do it, but just not around here as I think I know. Now I also think I will always like getting enough food, so I just have another dilemma to sort out.
            The dilemma is simple. I want to be fed enough, and trust the food I am eating. The shelf life question is part of that dilemma.

No comments: