Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013


From some emails to my relatives
                    Old age, aspirin, and splitting wood
            Just back from doing all of the above.
            Tomorrow I resume the old days of cutting seasoned wood, and then burning it for heat.
            Hopefully the weather will help.
            The older days of taking the hit and hauling twice the load of cut wood is now over for me. I would rather do twice the trips to get the same thing done
                                    One lesson learned
            I could not find an antique iron, like for ironing clothes.
            So I got an modern cast iron bacon press made in Tennessee.
            Hopefully it will work about the same as to ironing clothes.
            Mostly my intent is just to use some iron on patches vice sewing ripped clothes.
And thanks to my sports and USMC time, I know how to sew rips OK, too.
Said another way, been there, done that.

No comments: