Translate

Wednesday, February 06, 2013


Taking care of our own
       Every so often I read a story that motivates me. Such was a story by an old  fellow in Utah, and it included taking care of our poor and unfortunate people who show up on our doorstep, if times get hard. In his case, he had practical advice, too.
            Now I am not as religious as he was, but also I am still Golden Rule oriented. And I think I will follow his advice. And these days I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.
            Basically, one can kill the goose that lays the Golden Egg, like my compound where I live these days. So I can be overwhelmed, worse case of course. And this place is not too swift, either.
            But there is a Plan B, too. Basically, one can shelter in the barn with some heat from a wood stove, or even go to the three sided shelter, also with a wood stove. And maybe some extra sleeping bags will help, too.
            Obviously, it will be tough during our cold season, but that is what we humans are good at, if we need to be.
            And a ration of food will help, too. After all, I only have so much, too.
            But I will share, in the best Golden Rule idea. If that means I may go down, so be it.
            Let me reinforce it. I will share, with some leadership, of course. After all, we do need to work together, young, old, criminals, sick, whatever.
            Even those evicted ought to get a grub stake, or so I think these days.

No comments: