Translate

Monday, February 04, 2013


Low Intelligence People
       I admit even I have used the phrase.
            And at the point of gross generalization, I think the phrase misses the mark.
            A better phrase to describe what is happening all around us is poor education, and often poorly informed people.  This, to me, is a better explanation for what is happening all around us in the USA. Now I can't speak well for other places in the world, though I have been to some of them, too. And poor public and now private education has been going on in the USA for decades. Now we are now reaping what we have sowed. And some of that poor education probably applies to many of us, today.  Said another way, we have been dumbing down our population for ages, or so I think.
            And in fairness, some schools and educations, both public and private, are better than others.

            I don't know about you, but I kind of resent being screwed over in my educational time. Even I have a daughter who could take a class in "pet care", and did. I have always wondered what she was denied to free up time for that class. And our ancestors did that to us. Now we are "the ancestors", and it is up to us to do better, if we choose. Earlier I just went along, and now I regret it. So it is never too late to start trying to impose my own will on the system. And compete. After all there are other points of view, too.
            And there are those who take advantage of this dumbing down for their own gain. Fine with me. I am more interested in "my and my Family's gain".
            So I am all for educating our young people, vice indoctrinating them. And, again, grossly generalizing, I think people now are as a smart or dumb as we have been for thousands of years, just more poorly educated. And many are also poorly informed, but what do you expect from poorly educated people.
            And I also think we are just as hard working and well intentioned as ever. But the focus seems to have changed from basic education to indoctrination.
            And no one is born knowing the wisdom of the ages. We all have to taught.  Though some, usually younger, think they already know it all. Later, years, and the school of hard knocks, often changes that attitude. But the time for teaching people is best in their youth, and we should take advantage of that. After all, education in youth better provides our children better chances for later success in life and work.

           And by we, I suggest our locally elected school boards as a good way to go. Said another way, the solution is already in place, if we choose to use it.

           And we all know not everyone wants to learn. So be it.
           And our form of government best runs with educated and informed people, again in my opinion.
           The good news is we can do something about this, if we choose. And it will take time to better educate our population.  But one does have to start somewhere, and my idea is to do so via our local school boards, whom we elect.
           So to summarize, I think we are just as smart or dumb as ever. So we haven't gotten dumber, just more poorly educated. And we can do something about that in the new world USA, if we want to.
 

No comments: