Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Clean water
       This post is prompted by my recent shopping for water filters.
            Bottom line, nothing beats boiling water to kill all the bacteria and viruses that might hurt us, like make us sick and maybe kill us. That includes nasty looking water, too.
            Where I live, I depend on springs, which basically use a "natural" filtering system.  And we humans do need water to live, and to be happy whatever our culture also demands. And my system has worked over a century, but that is no guarantee it will work in the future. Now in fairness, I should add, all the water by my GIS (computer mapping) arises on the land I live on, and it has worked well for over a century.
            Mostly it is the "live" idea. That includes not getting sick, like from contaminated water diseases, like cholera. Those who keep up with Haiti know what I mean.
            And I live near an interstate highway, so there is always a chance disease will come along the highway. Hence my interest in shopping for water filters.
            But my bottom line, if times get hard, and if I have time and means, and I am worried about my water I consume, then just boil the water. Now boiling water also means one needs heat, and fortunately, I have plenty of wood. My key point is "clean water" and not getting sick.
            And if you can't boil all your water, why not try to boil some of it?
            Last, here is a wiki link on the subject:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_water
            As always, make up your own mind where you live and what your situation is.  Said another way, trying is a big deal when it comes to surviving and living.

No comments: