Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just what I sent my relatives

It’s hot here, too, like 88F in the shade at 1000 CDT. Since there’s no A/C like the old days (when there was also no A/C), we do have high ceilings, and fans, so we are doing OK.

At least it is better than we I lived in Okinawa the first time. And the Midwest seems to have it much hotter.

As to the heat, old dog Chloe is doing industrial level barfing in the house. Mostly it is phlegm (very slippery and difficult to clean up), vice something more solid. Anyway, I have kicked her out of the house, but she keeps coming back in to barf. I don’t know what’s worse, having kids or dogs? Of course the obvious answer is that most have both. Now I also have been sick enough to barf, so I can be sympathetic to humans, but the best I can muster is empathy for Chloe.

As to the Hemlocks’ electric plant, it is doing OK. Phase two “improvements” are still ongoing, but in fairness, my main contractor is at a Baptist type religious retreat in Georgia until next week. Welcome to Monterey. Just don’t get in a hurry, here. It will drive you crazy if you try.

Last, the Hemlocks has a new Weber grill and smoker, and it is being “seasoned”. Now I will have to make charcoal if times get hard, but I can do that, and Lord Knows, we have plenty of wood around here. I could even find salt pork at the local grocery store this morning, which is one way I use to help the seasoning process.

No comments: