Translate

Saturday, June 02, 2012


Don't take the bait

            By the title I mean don't believe much of what you read, or see on TV.

            Now at age 64 I have seen, in my mind, more than a few trends, and today's USA news is much more skewed than normal, like it often comes across as propaganda.  Whether my perception is mine alone, or something else is going on, I can only point out my perception.

            Two things seem obvious to me.  One is what news is even covered varies quite a bit.  Second is that when news is covered it too often seems to be as much opinion as just raw facts.

            Since much of what is reported all too often as USA or World news originates in the NE regional USA, perhaps the skewing is just regionally based. It also seems to be lazy reporting, like taking someone else's report and just "reverberating" it without any real investigative work going on.

            Either way, reporting of the news is serious business, as it often affects the decisions of our leaders, all who too often who come across as lightweights who are suited to believing some of "this news".

            I almost long for muckrakers, since I always thought at least their underlying reporting was original, and usually based on real work.

            Since I have time to read and listen to the various news, including foreign news reported by foreign sources, even the news out of Syria these days is like night and day when comparing USA news vice foreign news reports about the Country. Yet USA decision makers will most likely be making decisions based on this propaganda, at least to me. If I perceive this about my leaders, then it is time to replace them with some others I trust better.

            Now this kind of thing has probably been going on since humans rose to dominate the earth. But, and again, it seems to this poster that the degree has risen to a propaganda level these days, and I still prefer the decision makers be the people and our elected leaders, well educated and informed I expect at a minimum.

            So, don't take the bait. Vote based on your criteria, and not someone else's.

No comments: