Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Yippie ki-yay cowboy

To put things in perspective, the local electric  plant is already making electricity, like something between 1/2 amp and 1 amp, depending on my “tuning” setup.

Now how to distribute this electricity is the discussion presently in this phase two, which is still going on.

First the good news. The higher priority clean water and waste water setup with the RAM is working just fine off of the lower two (out of four) springs. That’s traditional. Right now the upper two springs are dedicated to just making electricity.

Now there is an 800 foot vertical drop to help make more electricity, but I am still resisting that due to maintenance and security issues that are important to me. Hence the present setup and tuning, which basically just uses the local springs and pond.

One obvious consequence is that I may have to change my standards, like perhaps I can’t extend the shelf life of basic food stuffs like I want to do (using the local 7.2 cu. ft. freezer). And using this Hemlocks electricity to do other things, like keep my eneloop batteries charged, is also in the mill.

Anyway, this post is just a sitrep about phase two.

No comments: