Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012


The end of the beginning

       I seldom invite myself into the political world, mostly because others, including pundits, write so well. So one can read pundits to their hearts' content.  I assume they get paid based on the number of required words in whatever post that they provide to their employer on some kind of schedule . And of course, some are better than others in both predicting, and just providing a nifty article to read.

            Yet, I also still believe in us, the common humanity. And while much change is going on, the result is new to our common future, whatever that is.

            My opinion today  is that some kind of unpredictable initiating event will set off the collapse of life as we know it. What is weird is that even I don't care to predict, confidently. It could be something simple, like human financial events in Europe, or even some king of mother nature event, like a serious volcano, or an asteroid hitting the earth.

            Anyway, even I am improving my local electricity making means just in case.

            Nothing green here, more like self interest.

            Yet in all this speculation is our future, to include our progeny's future.

            And in this idea, I am hopeful. 

            It's the getting from A to B part I fear, to include its impact on me, and my Family. This idea includes things like adjusting my food sources, including eating local critters.  Right now I would rather just go to the local grocery store.

            Yet the good news. Things are going to get better, including whom we pick to be our leaders to best solve our problems. Yep, we still want leaders, and are some are better than others.

No comments: