Translate

Friday, June 15, 2012


The coming civil war in the new world USA

       Lord knows I hope it doesn't happen.

            After all, many in the USA believe in our Constitution and the rule of law.

            Apparently, many USA citizens and the present federal leadership's hired minions don't.

            Now this is an idea worth fighting about.  What a shame if this even happens. Even today I started clearing fields of fire, a military term that might help me if times get hard, like having a better aim at local scoundrels who try steal my growing food in the garden. After all, I've got to eat, too.

              What set me off was a "ruling", edict if you will, by the federal executive apparently usurping the legislative authority of our congress. While I personally agree with much of the "ruling", I also agree with the sole power of the congress to legislate laws, albeit with a veto power of the executve as written in our Constitution. Now the federal executve got away with this in Libya, but maybe not this time.

            What's a shame is twofold, to me.

            One, and most important, is our Congress is a big deal, like should be paid attention too. The Constitution says so, plus  this is a normal way for people to express their vote and preference in going forward. I suspect most people would rather be voting citizens than loyal subjects. Said another way, I suspect most people want to decide their own future vice some dictator or king.

            Second is "this is the new world America", like the old world is "passe" here. Hence any group who aspires to ruling the USA without paying attention to the Constitution and the rule of law will set me off to something like a civil war. We have a better deal, now lasting over 200 years. The alternative, to me, is the old world.

            So what do we do?

            I would suggest vote, and let things sort out.

            In the meantime, I will finish my field of fire labor, and work towards my hydro electric plant "tune up", which is basically just trying to figure out how to maximize what is here.

            So no civil war here, I sure hope.

No comments: