Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012


The king and his court
       There has been enough information getting out over the last few years to alarm me. Now I freely admit, it is conjecture, but I think well reasoned conjecture by a connect the dots method.
            So I'm stockpiling even more things, just in case.
            Now what are you going to do, like if some unique American form of civil war breaks in the USA, or in China for that matter. Or if some wild card event like a volcano or a pandemic or down range nuclear contamination affects us, or others we care about.
            I think we have a not so smart, aloof, egotistical, and somewhat lazy person as the President, who has surrounded himself with others like him.  And his wife is not too swift, either, but that is another story. In this conjecture, many of his court are also not too swift (to include their own experience), and also exposed to the usual infighting which the king will sort out, if they can even get to him, like get the time to appear in front of him with their pitch. That's just characteristic of this method of ruling.
            Back when I was in some nuclear programs (both the shooting side and command and control side), we used the connect the dots method both for temporary decertification and permanent decertification. Some may call it the classical trust and faith idea. I think the present federal President  would be decertified by those standards. Of course, he is the President, and can do whatever he wants, to include bypassing Congress with Executive Orders. And his hired minions (his court if you will) will help him.
            So I'm stockpiling even more things, just in case.
            Now I have chosen to use a dual use strategy of stockpiling food, so eat it later I say to myself, or even now, but for sure eat it. Now, worse case, nobody will like it in my Family, but we will survive in a minimal healthy manner, or so I hope. Now most medicines do have shelf lives, but most can be extended by wise storage methods.
            Now I have lived in kingdoms, but really have no applicable experience with this method of ruling.  But it is one thing to be the king of Nepal, for example, and king or president for life of the USA.  Obviously, the USA is a lot bigger, and less homogeneous, and more difficult to rule by that method, probably impossible to rule by that method. But like my conjecture suggests, the present federal president is not all that smart, or experienced, to boot.
            So I'm stockpiling more, just in case. 
            Now I am old enough to remember something similar, called the bomb shelter craze, back in the late 50's. This idea even made the cover of Life Magazine, as I recall.  And nothing came of that, and I keep that in mind, too. I also remember my father, who then served on the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban Missile Crisis having to tell me I and my brother we were on our own, as he was being evacuated to the bomb shelters in the mountains; and my mother was back in Tennessee taking care of her sick father.
            Now I used to call my father cheap, but now that I am older I call him thrifty. But I still wonder why he couldn't give me or my brother $5 each to live on the streets as best we could. By the way we lived about a mile from the Pentagon so he could walk to work.  He's dead from old age now, so I can't ask him any questions I wish I could ask.
            So I'm stockpiling more, just in case.
            And I will just have wait and see how things sort out. There are just too many unknowns. But I do sense here in the new world USA that a third party is arising, which will probably have an effect as early as 2016, but more likely 2020. This Party (at all political levels) will probably be made of today's Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, Americans all.  And I do have to sense it, maybe filter it, since you and I are subject to propaganda and poor reporting as far as domestic reporting goes. Who knows what to believe these days? And thank goodness I have to time to read foreign news sources about foreign events, and these reports are often quite different from USA reports of the same events.
            So I'm stockpiling more, just in case.

No comments: