Translate

Monday, September 24, 2012


Just another interim report about pressure canning local stuff 

Well, I am in-between as of this report. The pressure canner is cooling down right now.
 
Now I am cheating as best I can, mostly using the idea of making sure the bacteria contagion is down.

To help that effort, I am even using canned already skinned and treated tomatoes (again from a can) to help my experiment, plus they like acid stuff, like kills bacteria.

By the way, if I fail, then one only has to do common sense things like look at it and smell it to see if you even want to eat it.

The shelf life might be as long as one year in a cool place, but I’ll start with one month in the refer, right now.

Now I still wonder why we call it canning, since most of the containers are made from glass.

No comments: