Translate

Sunday, September 09, 2012


Are they lying, or just plain ignorant?

      I am referring to the present candidates for the various offices, to including incumbents running for re-election in the new world USA.

            As to the title question, I will never know the answer to my question. Who knows what "lurks in the minds of men"? But I do think I imagaine the consequences  of the actions some of these people may take. And I don't like the worse parts of it since it will adversely affect me and my Family, and also because it did not have to happen.

            Another thought is the now oft used term "this is the truth", which now days when I hear it I am turned off by it, especially since I often know another "truth", like my  own "truth".  Perhaps our language and culture has changed to where humans expressing their opinion think that is also their "truth".  In other words, they may not be lying, but are just plain stupid, and speaking sincerely.

            If that is the case, then the dumbing down of our population (often spoken about) has consequences. Said another way, ignorance usually breeds ignorant decisions and speech. For example, I have a daughter (now in her high 30's and a mother) who in high school took a class on pet care. That used to be a home subject for those who have pets (she did), and I always wonder what time and subject was given up to have the time to teach this accredited course? Of course I'll never really know.

            So to me, the elections for school boards where we all live is just as important as the national federal elections for like President of the USA.

            And last, if you buy this idea, theory if you will, then things will only get worse in the next few decades, like thousands and millions around the world may die, as more and more poorly educated people come into their time, and either vote, or even elect leaders; and whose decisions and teachings will affect our and their future Americans lives, including their and our Familes.

           After all, the idea of successful democracy and universal sufferage does require an educated populace for a best outcome. Even a republican form of government is benefited by an elected educated people to be successful, like benefit the people.

No comments: