Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012


Aren't we humans dirty!
       I just finished doing some medium level cleaning around my kitchen and bathrooms. And I was embarrassed by what I found.
            Now being age 64, I blamed it on mother nature and a bachelor pad idea, even used as a fall back a senior excuse (in my mind). Yet I was still grossed out, in spite of my excuses.
            Now nobody gets sick in this dog infested house, so that is good enough for me these days. Yet I was still grossed out.
            Now I think I do keep up with all the doggie Golden Retriever shedding hair OK (there's a lot where I live, and there are two of them). Nothing great, but still OK, like cleaning all that up daily is enough to satisfy me.
            By the way, I am still impressed with my once a month cleaning crew in that they use a broom and dust pan, vice a vacuum cleaner; and use vinegar and water to mop the all wood floors (1905 style).
            Now I was both embarrassed and  disgusted in the end (mostly since the cleaning crew is only once a month), though, and am reporting the same today. I suspect I might also have failed a basic health and sanitation inspection back in my time, American military style. Now that idea bothers me, a lot.
            So I have more cleaning work  (really sanitation) to do.
            And, like all humans, I do want to live in a healthy home.
            So do any visitors, I think. Like why bring your Family to my home if you think your Family will get sick from the visit.
            And in the end, perhaps this place is cleaner (like healthier) than where many others live, in spite of my report. Who knows. Perceptions are a big deal, as well as hope, and denial.
            Yep we humans are dirty, too, kind of like our pets, I suspect.

No comments: