Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Notes from a weather news junkie
       Now I do get up around 0300 local, and the first thing I check is the weather forecast.  Good, bad, or indifferent, that is me.
            And lo and behold, yesterday AM there was a gap in weather coverage in the  eastern USA and Atlantic, though the forecasters did OK for me locally, anyway.
            Now today I read a geosynchronous weather satellite went down, and that explains to me yesterday's observations, and a quick thought to myself.
            Now I use NOAA (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration) as my source, so good on them for doing the best they could to adjust, which they did, and are doing.  And good on me and others, too.  Like looking out the window is also a good method to forecast today's local weather.
            Last, as a weather news junkie, I think the job of weather forecaster is pretty good.  After all, nobody expects a forecaster to be right most of the time.
            And to put things in perspective, it wasn't too many decades ago when all this weather forecasting was simply not available in any trustworthy way. So I do appreciate it, that is the good effort to get the weather word out.

No comments: