Translate

Monday, October 29, 2012


Weather affects us all
       The present forecasts for the storms affecting the NE USA coast and many  affected eastern inland areas of the USA prompt this post. Heck all this may affect me, too, in the end. For example, the local electrical maintenance people may travel to repair all this forecasted electrical power damage, and leave the local populace also vulnerable. Heck, I have even had Hemlocks branches already fall on my roof where I live.
            The usual global warming things that blame humans for most of the problem sure get the attention of so many, until a storm like this one comes along.
            Now I live (in east Tennessee), which is west of the east coast USA mountains so it is just cold and damp around here (kinda like the late fall here), but no snow is happening or forecasted, thank goodness, and the temperature should stay above freezing. I am trying to grow fall tomatoes after all, and the cooler temperatures are slowing my effort down. I am beginning to think I will have to can green tomatoes, but I guess I can do that, too.
            So when I think about being small, like the effect of the weather on me and the many others being affected by the coming "perfect" storm in the USA, then my first thoughts are the attaboys and attagirls to those who already live, prepare, and suffer through hurricanes, tornadoes, terrible thunder storms, typhoons, monsoon rains, bitter cold winter winds and weather, and bone dry summer droughts, where ever you live. Good on ya!
            So for the global warming types who blame humans, just keep in mind all the other weather that goes on, and affects us all, and has for thousands of years.
            Last, where I live (latitude 36 north and 2,000 feet in altitude) and full of trees, even I have already begun wearing long johns. After all, the traditional winter is coming, and I had better prepare for it.

No comments: