Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012


The nature of change
       I often wonder how well my relatives will change if times get hard.
            I suspect many will not take it well, and others will do quite well. I guess it is a personality kind of thing.
            Now let me describe well, like having running clean water, and waste water treatment 24/7, like not having to live in soiled land, like in Haiti after the last earthquake there.  Add in the ability to have heat during the cold season, and even grow and store and eat food year round, and even harvest local animals to eat for protein and fat, and that is well enough to me. Plus I think I can defend it, too. I sure hope so, at least.
            None of this is Little House on the Prairie stuff, but something better. Nobody has to live off the land, which is a tough way to go. Now it is also not like turning on the thermostat and paying the bill at the end of the month, or even going to the grocery store, but is still better than Little House on the Prairie stuff, like a new future that will be different from today.
            So I suspect the future will be unique wherever we live, and different of course from today, especially depending on where we live and our own circumstances. We humans are pretty ingenious, and also willing to change, if we have to.
            So hope springs eternal.

No comments: