Translate

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Just some cold stories

It’s getting chillier, like not too cold, but chilly never the less. Including inside my Hemlocks house. After all, it is the fall, with the winter coming.
Well I was embarrassed yesterday morning as the local grocery check out old gal said it was 63 F in her house her Family morning when she got up. At the Hemlocks it was 69 F inside, by the way. I felt like a pansy.
So I just put on some Colton provided long johns, and they work pretty good, like I am personally toasty warm right now.
Three stories. Many people in New England normally wear long johns in the winter...boys and girls alike. And in Korea I once went through a 30 day experience when it never got above freezing, and I was living in a tent with a dirt floor to boot. Nothing like ice on your ceiling when you wake up. And last, I once spoke with a Cabala's person who lived in Nebraska, and they (she and her husband) made their teenage daughter go out to the barn to chop ice (12 “ thick she reported) in the barn where the electricity heated horse trough did not keep up.
End of stories.

No comments: