Translate

Thursday, October 04, 2012


A Perspective
       For the record I am an unregistered independent. And I am from the military tradition of not voting in the federal Presidential election since I will serve any elected commander-in-chief equally. I often think of it as leadership by example, personal style.  And at age 64, I do think of myself as one of those baby boomer people, too.
            So I chose to sleep through the first Presidential debate last night, mostly because Obama has taken too much of my time to date, and why should I listen to someone lie some more. So many others feel this way, I think, including many foreign leaders who have met him up close. Or maybe he is not so smart, and a lier, too. Who knows? I don't do psycho babble stuff because it is generally a waste of time at my level.
            As to Romney, I have decided not to vote in this cycle's federal Presidential election for my aforementioned reason, so why listen to him anyway. And voting does count. It sure beats a revolution or civil war.  The last time I voted in federal Presidential election was in 1980 while in the Marines, and I voted with an absentee ballot for Reagan in Tennessee, and even though the southerner Carter was forecasted to win in Tennessee, Reagan carried the state.
            So for this news junkie, it was kinda fun to hear how many thought the first debate came out when I watched TV news this morning.
            Bottom line, it came out pretty much how I thought it would, with one surprise to me. I expected to hear more about Obama's lying, but all I heard were references to Obama using platitudes and other generalities that depended on his wonderful oratory skills.
            So my priority today remains working on some more tuning up my backup electrical plants (to include repairing the yard dog chewed solar cables); and water boiler canning of homegrown tomatoes, mostly as a rehearsal, since I do have to eat them to prove to myself it won't hurt me, like make me sick, or kill me. And this should be a very nice Fall day, so maybe I will hook up the 3 point bush hog to the tractor, too... and maybe even do some bush hogging. And sometime during the day, burn the cardboard trash, too.
            Now that is a perspective.

No comments: