Translate

Friday, October 05, 2012


Noblesse oblige
       The term is old fashioned, and French based. To me it means my obligation to use my own means to help my fellow man.
            Now why our federal government got involved in simple charity is still beyond me. I know it has happened, but I still don't understand the advantages of this method of noblesse oblige. After all, there are alternatives, like buying Christmas presents for kids and distributing them through the teachers at the local schools where I live. After all, there are truly poor kids through no fault of their own, in my opinion.
            What really rubs me is knowing of adults who abuse the present system, like they won't work, and live off of the government dime (which is taxpayer money, including mine), as denigrating as that may be to them.  But that is also just immoral and un-American, to me. A more local charity based method would probably take care of these types of people, who presently even use tax payer funds to buy junk food and booze and drugs. Now I have warned them that change is probably coming, but have been blown off. So I just have to wait, for now, and see what develops.
            Last, one does have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Hence, I still have to use the idea of noblesse oblige when the time comes, and am already thinking about the best way to do it, which I will. Even an old time hard corps Marine wants to help his fellow man where he lives, as best he can, of course.

No comments: