Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012


Suppose they're both right
       What set's me off is I hear both sides saying things like "this is the truth".  And then "they" all too often disagree about the "truth".
            In the older days I think the "truth" was often called "opinion", which has value to me if I trust it. Now I do usually believe about 10% of what I read, and maybe 50% of what I see on video, like TV. Of course I use my own filters and experience to make my own judgments about what to believe.
            And so I enter the psycho babble world of what and who to believe and trust.
            And so I also think about the variations, options, or other possible combinations. Many bear bode ill for me and my Family.
            I imagine three usual possibilities:  1)  "They" are ill informed, maybe even poorly educated;  2)  they are lying for their own reasons; 3) maybe they are both dumb and lying.
            Now I take some lying with a grain of salt during election times, but trying to run a country depends more on facts, like Coca-Cola is moving out of Greece to Switzerland is a fact. That principal extends to organizations like schools, too. After all, I pay taxes to support the public schools, and my vote does help influence things, I trust and hope.
            So suppose they're both right, like they are both sincere, stupid; and lying? But also suppose I have a life to live, and a Family to feed and grow, as best I can.

No comments: