Translate

Sunday, October 07, 2012


Title nine
       Title nine is a now decades old federal USA law that is intended to promote female sports, I think (yep I am still not sure). After all, sports are a big deal in the USA, including the financial part.
            And where I live, girls basketball at the high school and middle school level is a big deal. And after all, half of humanity is female. And anyone who has been married knows how competitive females can be, kinda like the males, too...both in their own ways, by the way. After all, boys and girls are different, thank goodness.
            Now even in 2012 I still wonder if the USA federal law changed things about girls basketball where I live. My gut reaction today is that it did not, though probably it was well intended. Perhaps I am just bringing up an old idea, called social engineering. I, myself, thought things were OK without a new federal law to influence things.
            Whatever, we families with sons and daughters will probably keep going to sports games, and enjoy them (including T-Ball), especially when our kids are in the game. And when they, the boys and girls grow up, they will do the best they can with their lives and families, and influence things the best they can, including what they learned through sports. After all, most parents want their kids to be happy and successful when they grow up.

No comments: