Translate

Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Simply Amazing
            This is just a quick list of things that simply amaze me these days.
·        People not even in the government (like drawing a check), like Axelrod and Gibbs, speak for the government; and the government and media go along with it.
·        Spin, lying, and even propaganda are being used to rule. At best this is a short term way to rule. It's embarrassing to me to see it happening much more than normal.
·        The federal executive can send us to war, as in Libya, without consulting with Congress as the law requires. And the Congress seems to have gone along.
·        Census group quotas in public education, really racial quotas, have been announced in Florida. That really amazes me, plus the reaction has been minimal. As a parent, I am outraged. And also there is no apparent personal accountability...but I suspect the long term vote will change things to correct this injustice. After all, it is about our children and their future. And I am not poltically correct, so I believe in each kids potential; and also the need for their Mom's and Dad's to grow them.
·        The tolerance of mob rule, the occupy movement if you will, seems to also be promoted these days.  Now I read many people threaten to riot if their candidate is not elected.  I myself don't want to be ruled that way, though if many rioters die during rioting, I probably won't shed a tear. I do live in a rural area, by the way, and I assume most riots would be in urban areas.
·        Poor education has consequences. Even I won't eat at a McDonalds where the employee can't even use the teller machine to make change. Not only is the employee a loser in life (and has been set up, too), but the franchise owner will probably go out of business.
·        People are more casual about death through politics than I am. Death because of politics and ideology and incompetency  is not casual to me, and I suspect their parents, and spouses, and children, and peers (and siblings) will probably agree.
·        People can be attacked, and not recognize it for what is, like what is happening to them. This could be war like acts, or even murderous weekends in Chicago. None of this is normal, to me. I always remember some gal calling the attacks on 911 a tragedy on NPTV on 912, and moderator Jim Lehrer being astounded, and said so.
·        Many people's votes are apparently being stolen, or ignored, and it has gotten out of hand, like the Mayor of some town in Connecticut can even joke about it; or many USA local governments fail to mail absentee ballots to overseas Americans in time (and as legally mandated) to count, or Senator Franken can win the vote weeks later.

            Now I suspect many readers may have their own amazing stories, too.

No comments: