Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012


Contentious issues
       Everybody knows about the subject. The classical example is when our kids fight, and just what to believe and how to react on the fly when we parents get involved? That dilemma is as old as humanity, itself.
            So when Americans assigned to do work in overseas places get murdered, like what happened in Benghazi, then that gets my attention.
            I guess some people are more casual about murder than I am. I am an old man, but still prefer life for now. I suspect most mothers and fathers, wives, kids, and siblings probably think this way, too.
            So like a parent, especially if I can observe the events real time, then I have a dilemma. Like what to do, both short term, and even long term.
            But for sure, at least to me, I would not let my kid die.
            Only time will tell how it all sorts out, but for sure these are contentious issues. And those we both elect and they appoint have a lot of review coming, I both suspect and really hope for. Now I do believe it will sort out in the end, and will take time, for all the reasons guessed at. Said another way, I sure hope whoever is responsible for what happened can be reviewed by people with integrity, and their judgments acted on.
            As contentious as things may be, we all want our relatives to live, I also think.

No comments: