Translate

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The collapse of an American culture
Now I personally thought it would happen in the future, like after I am dead from old age. Now I am beginning to wonder if it might be sooner.
Now all of us humans know about all the doom and gloom usual forecasts, often religious, and often based on even cosmic events. Basically End of the World stuff.
But in the same vein, even in the USA during their time, many ancestors could perceive a war coming, and even the Naval Academy graduated a class of 1941 early just to get them ready. Well fast forward to today's times, and apparently many others are worse casing things, too. Like Federal warnings to banks, the USA Federal government buying a lot of ammo and other crowd control stuff, and even updates to military doctrine about domestic work. That list could go on and on... Even the President issued new updates to Executive Orders on this subject in March, June, and July. And even I, lowly I, have begun stockpiling and doing other similar things in the recent past, like even making some local electricity.
What seems a shame is that so many presently alive are now going to have to die to get peoples' attention. This is kind of like the military idea of knowing how wasteful war is when one has been through it, and lived. Yet it may happen, even in the new world USA. Here it may be called a Revolution, or a Civil War, but whatever; I even don't want to have to go through road blocks and pay bribes (sometimes called taxes). Heck, even I at age 64 may go under, too, like die. Now I will even update my tetanus shot in the near future, just in case, and as an example.
I think many of my fellow Americans may ignorantly choose this route of self-destruction, like bringing their death upon themselves and their Family, though nobody would knowingly do this. That is most likely do to our leaders leading some poorly educated serfs, or vassals if you will. So in this culture collapse idea, the seeds of poor education have been sewn decades ago, brewed over decades, and now we get to reap the lack of benefits, like poorly educated voters. There was a time, by the way, when educating our children had a higher priority.
Now I may have to relearn how to live off the land, which is difficult at best, like not my strong suite. My assumption is that I will be pretty bad at it, but being a Marine, I will persevere, best I can. I will survive, as will my Family, barely, of course, and painfully I am sure. I have a square mile of land to work with.
Last, I listen to a visiting 20's something friend who still supports and believes in all this present status quo stuff, or so he tells me. He is just the kind of person who will benefit in the end by being cold and hungry, if he even lives. I figure he has screwed up his life enough, but I still refuse to let him screw up my life with his ideas, and his vote.
My point is that the time for political debating is well over, like for the last recent past. It's (the change) is already happening in front of us. Now is the time for human culture change (already happening), all for the better, again. Thank goodness our children will figure it out since it affects them a lot, and they will change things better, I hope. Said another way, perhaps our present adult USA citizens will not do as well, like many may die, including me.
And I hope we don't have to lop off some heads, like what happened in the French Revolution. And I hope we have future smarter leaders (both elected and appointed) to handle the coming problems. Think Naval Academy Class of 1941 as an example.
Only time will tell how quickly, or slowly, it happens.
Right now I am hopeful; even as many people will die along the way.
What a waste of fine people.

No comments: