Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012


It ain't me, babe!
      We may be seeing and hearing the last hurrah of the two national parties of the last 100 years in the new world USA.  They and many pundits don't see it or know it, I also think. By 2020 they should be minor parties on the way to oblivion, kind of like the Whig Party, as an example.
            The times they are a changin'!  Now times are always changing, but it sure seems to be going at a faster pace these days. Even where I live many people wish we had another choice. Yep, people have hope for change, and the "movement" has already begun to make it happen...it just takes time to manifest itself, in my opinion. I just hope it doesn't take a revolution to make it happen.  I, myself, have been through road blocks, and having a pistol in my lap to help get through it is not the way to go in the new world USA. Maybe in the third world, but certainly not here. Nor does lopping off the heads of the king and queen like happened in the French Revolution appeal to me.
            Now anybody can complain, but a leader then offers solutions, usually up to three, for his or her leader to pick from. There might even be a recommended solution.  Venting for emotional relief is of little value to any leader who usually seeks to know the problems, and the proposed solutions. Recently I suggested to my idealistic young friend that he should go down to join the local hippy settlement near here, but I suspect that he would rather just bitch, than actually do hippy work to keep from being cold and hungry. I myself think a good dose of cold and hungry will help in his future life.
            Anyway, if he is the face of the political future, then I hope to die before he can screw up my life, having already screwed up his life so far. For example, he is more casual about other people's deaths that I ever was. So again, the times they are a changin', and it affects all of us, old and young.
            So my sales pitch is to do what you can where you live, offer solutions for change where you live, if you are a leader consider these solutions, and watch the times change. Yep, it ain't me babe...it's you.

No comments: