Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012


It's probably predictable
      Well, if you buy the idea of rehearsing things if you have the time, then follow on.
            Talk about a jack of all trades and master of none. That's my case.
            In this post, I was taught many times to rehearse things, since that gives me an advantage. Yep, I had to be taught this idea since it was not part of my upbringing or natural born knowledge.

            And my Grandmother (my mother's mother) was a good cook, and taught me a lot, but in my case not about bread making.
            Now in this post I was making bread, and in this rehearsal,  using barley flour and an electric bread maker.
            And I failed. By that I mean I ate some of the unleavened bread product, but "shared" the rest of it with my local dogs, who scarfed it just fine. Yep, I do like leavened bread more than I thought.
            So my lesson learned was this:
                        1) Sometimes one should follow the directions, like the recipe in this case. I had just winged it using ideas, and that failed, in my opinion.
                        2)  The amount of liquid in the mix is crucial, and in my rehearsal, I just screwed that part up, like had too much.
            Last, in my past I have used store bought bread mix and scrupulously followed the directions, and done OK using my electric bread maker. By OK, I mean I ate it all, and did not share with the local dogs.
            So I will lick my wounds like a local yard dog, and try again in the near future.
            Hope springs eternal.

No comments: