Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


I must be missing something
       Maybe it is because I am a culturally crude American?  Maybe not?
            In my case it is Ramen soup. Having lived in Japan for two years, I do kind of like Ramen soup. And I have tried both ways to make it, like the traditional way, and the quicker modern way. In either case, I think this idea of how to make Ramen soup has arisen since the end of WWII (like 1945), so the tradition and methods are not that old, though I am confident some can go back thousands of years to the Chinese origins.
            Back to "I must be missing something", like the idea. Recently, I had a friend my age visit, and he said something like he never did like or get the idea of the movie "Blade Runner".  I jumped right on it, and agreed. Maybe more than just I had missed something in this popular old movie? Even watching recently an old Brittany Murphy movie called "The Ramen Girl" reinforced my thinking. I liked the movie, by the way.
            Now as a now old person (age 64) and Marine, I know to assume, maybe worry, that I am "just missing something" that most other people think of, like already get. That's a big deal to me. But also, I know the idea of leadership, like say what I think, and do it respectfully, like don't complain, but provide solutions (respectfully of course), which are all about us, most of time.
            Back to the real world. I just added a brown country beaten egg to the modern Ramen mix in a Japanese rice cooker, plus added some scissor cut up pork, plus some small cut scallion onion stuff to the mix, and will see what happens. I am confident I will eat it all.

No comments: