Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012


How does a collapse happen?
      Usually quickly, and usually unpredictably.
            The best analogy is that of the breach of a dam. It usually starts with rivulets, and ends up with a breach, like a wash out. And in this analogy, all the critters who depend on the dam and the status quo it has provided will suffer, including death.
            And nobody wakes up in the morning wanting to do a bad job, including  building a bad dam. But it does happen, like bad dams are built.
            And if it happens in the new world USA, it will probably be like the dam breach analogy.
            Already, to me, there are so many examples of rivulets already happening, that I am now hedging my bets, like even making my own electricity, and preparing for some kind of ensuing pandemic. What a shame I can even think or worry this way.

            After all, mission first, and the mission is to preserve my Family as best I can.
            And maybe I am overreacting to change, including the pace of change. But I spent a career exploiting change, so I don't think this idea applies to me, at least, very well.
            Now I also don't want to be a serf or vassal in the European old time terms, nor do I want just to be a bread basket for the rest of the World. Nor do I want to reenter the Dark Ages, and recover from that level.
            Rather, I want to just go forward in a way that benefits my Family here in the new world USA.
            And maybe it has fallen upon my generation to make this happen?  It will take a lot of work to change things, if this comes to pass. But if I can make electricity where I live, you can make our future where you live, too.
            Last, one can suggest there are better ways to be ruled than what we have in the new world USA today.  They have a point. But, I also think we the people have other choices, like the vote, and an educated proletariat. Now that is an idea we need to work at, in my opinion.
            I'm no anarchist. Now if I have a bitch, then I better offer a solution to fix whatever I am complaining about.  That's a moral obligation, to me.
            Nobody said resurrecting after a dam breach will be easy. It's not.
            And, of course, many fellow Americans don't think well of dams these days, nor my analogy. So be it. And I wish them well in life. But there are so many more who need to be supported, and I also wish them well in life.
            By the way, where I live, the water that makes my electricity will go down the mountain anyway, so why not harvest the energy from its fall before the same water still goes down the mountain as it has for thousands of years.
            Of course this idea takes the most basic education to understand, and we in the new world USA have been dumbing down our children for decades, plus living off the hard work our ancestors who did just infrastructure establisment work, to including their taxes paid . Now that may be part of the breach of the dam analogy, and implies just how long it will take to correct.  But one does have to start somewhere.

No comments: