Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012


Browning the pasta

      In my case, it is just Rice a Roni, and the pasta is vermicelli.
            Now I am cooking it in a Japanese rice cooker, and as an experiment, using finely sliced USA west coast sweet onions and local Tennessee potatoes vice ham (from somewhere) chopped up for flavor. And I am doing it in a beef broth base (from somewhere, too), with some extra seasonings (probably from Indonesia) added in.  Plus the browning of the pasta is in olive oil, probably from somewhere in the Mediterranean area.   All sounds good to me.
            And all this is from the local grocery store in Monterey, Tennessee.
            Now whether or not I like the output is to be determined.
            Worse case, I'll serve the leftovers  to the local yard dogs tomorrow, along with their dry dog food. Even the inside dogs are starting to go out and eat this stuff, too.
            Yep, tough love applies to our pets, also.
            So does good tasting food.

No comments: