Translate

Friday, August 03, 2012


Do you remember?

      I was born in 1948 to give perspective to this post. Monterey and the Hemlocks is in east Tennessee in Putnam County, all USA.  My father, "Dad", died in 2002 at age 84. His ashes are in Verble Hollow here, locally.

            Most homes in my time had an outdoor clothes line.

            I’ll be putting one in soon at the Hemlocks (weather determined time) just to say we have one, too.

            Most young people don’t know what they are, I think.

            Even at Monterey I have not seen any outdoor clothes lines these days.

            Now Dad had one up, but it was made from detonating cord I assume he had scrounged, and which I objected to, and I took it down.

            Part of my past is knowing what det cord is, and what it looks like. Bummer these days.

No comments: