Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012


Solar and wind energy on a budget

      Where I live it is called a clothes line.

            It is probably healthier to use than a clothes dryer, and thriftier, too.

            Every house used to have one. Some still do, I think.

            Now there is no free lunch, like even a clothes line is not perfect, like suppose it is cloudy and rainy or birds poop on it or it is the winter. No wonder clothes dryers are so popular.

            But, again, where I live in east Tennessee, I put one back in, and intend to use it, too. My latitude is 36 degrees north, by the way.

            And I don't expect to pick up all the dirt my wet clothes gathered when drying in the Saudi desert. At least my hand washed clothes, then, smelled better; though when everyone stinks together we humans usually don't notice it as quickly, or at all.

            Nothing like the old time idea of a bath every so often, whether we need one or not. And along the way baby wipes or a water wipe (even a pond swim should count) often come in handy, too. And the sex usually takes care of itself, like normal.

No comments: