Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


The nature of human things
       Now to me, if we humans do A, then things like B will usually happen.
            After the last USA election, that seems to be what is happening, like we continue to drain the well, like kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Now this is not just the politicians, but the voters, too.
            Let me say this another way. The present political philosophy of making things better has to be financed, and if we can't finance it, then it is a dumb idea in the end. And we voters will ultimately pay the price.
            So these days after the recent American election, I just want to make some electricity, and grow food.  That's it where I live.
            So I suspect, really forecast, that many things will probably happen in the USA in the next decade or so. Now just when is up for grabs.
            For example, appeasement usually brings war after a dragged out period, with many millions dying as a result. In the case of WWII started by Hitler (a regional dictator in my opinion), some astute people could have cut him off early enough, but that didn't happen. So much for our ancestors and their votes and their leaders. Now it's our turn, and it sure looks like we are doing what our ancestors did.
            And humans, being mammals, too, that implies we have a stampede instinct, like the results of economic collapse, which usually degrades to even poor health and pandemics, like in Haiti after the big earthquake there. Now we all do get old and die of old age, but getting things like cholera is not something I seek as a way to die. There's an idea called quality of life that appeals to me.
            And of course there is another basic idea called security. Some may say every man for themselves. Even serfs looked out for themselves and their Families. But if people are cold and hungry, then they will do what they have to do to survive, to include supporting their own Families. And in this case, I have to defend myself and my Family as best I can. Yep I am willing to shoot somebody, too.  The obvious examples are home invasion, or stealing my food I need to eat, too.
            So what's going to happen?  Nobody knows for sure.
            Hope does spring eternal. For example, if things sort out better, maybe we'll just enter the 30 year decline Zimbabwe is going through, though that is an ugly process as I read. And of course, I may be wrong, and a better time blossoms.
            But for sure I have recently  put in a new higher tech wood stove next door in my second cottage. It should burn wood all night, and I can cook and bake on it, too. After all we humans really don't like being cold and hungry, if it even comes to that.
            Can you believe I should think and plan this way in the new world USA in 2012?

No comments: