Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


I've got mine. Do you have yours?
       What a sad state of affairs if I am reduced to having to use the wood stove way of heating and cooking during the cold season. Up until recently, I have done it for my own idealistic reasons, mostly to prove and rehearse I can do it, and also to enjoy the benefit, too, which I do enjoy, even If I do also have to wear long johns, but what's new?  Now I can report that also there is plenty more of this split and seasoned hickory type wood like in this below picture, and really any type wood, on the land I live on.  Plus I can use it for cooking food, if I need to. And I can do it manually, again if I have to (mostly with German manufactured gear by the way). Right now I do enjoy all the benefits (like chain saws and wood splitters) that our ancestors passed us to pursue, enjoy, maintain, and protect.
            But I simply don't want to have to depend on this more primitive way like my ancestors did.  I still prefer going to the grocery store, and using my electric stove to cook and bake with. Am I spoiled? I don't think so.  And I can revert to older standards if I need to...yes I can.  Yep I can still be idealistic if I want to, and that's my point. I don't mind being idealistic, but having to be reduced to some kind of lower level of existence because of human causes simply offends me. Said another way, I still want to be in the driver's seat, and I don't want to be a serf. That's simple enough for me.
            Last I perceive, sense if you will, that other humans, mostly in leadership positions both elected and appointed may want to decree or whatever that I live this way, while they live another warmer and better fed way, and my taxes pay for their way. Now in the leadership by example idea, then I can live with it under certain circumstances.  But I suspect most leaders don't want to go this more primitive route for them and their Families, though. Well if my sense is correct, then it is time for change in the new world USA, like there are better alternatives than the picture suggests as my main option if times get hard.
            Yep, I've got mine. Do you have yours?  On this question and situation, are such the seeds of change, maybe even a revolution? And we don't have to lop off people's heads like the French did during an earlier time.

1 comment:

tahir sumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.