Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012


Dropping out and worse casing things
       In the end, I've got to take care of myself. And my Family, too.
            I can't count on my various governments helping me. That's it.
            These governments have their own priorities, and also suffer from much the same problems as the rest of us.  So, again, I can't count on them. This idea applies elsewhere, too, like in tribally ruled areas.
            I imagine myself as having become jaded. Said another way, I used to talk and write until I was blue in the face. Now I am more preoccupied with practical things that benefit myself and my Family.
            Even now it is all over but the counting. Everything is on a roll, and it is too late to reverse it...maybe soften it...but it is going to happen. Yep the talking time is over. Bad times are probably coming, and a prudent person should anticipate  and plan for this.
            Even before WWII, the Naval Academy graduated a class early in 1941 just because most could see a war coming. I feel much the same today in 2012.
            Now many haven't done so, like planned ahead, or counted on the governments above them, and I guess that is usual. But to me, that also means I can be cruel, like they had their chance, and now they will die from cold and starvation and plagues; and maybe me too if I can't adequately protect what I have, or go down fighting for what I do have. Obviously I think I can protect my Family OK.  That's how jaded I have become. It's a crap shoot, and I am having to bet my life. What a sad state of affairs that I can even think this way.
            Now I am so jaded I don't even waste my time assigning blame. Whether it is the politicians we elected (and their appointed minions), lying as a way to rule, a century of liberalism, the culture we have developed, or even things like dumbing down our populace through poor education, poor morals, none of this really matters to me anymore. I've got bigger fish to fry, like staying alive and being warm and fed for an extended period.
            2013 is going to be a bad year, I suspect, and so do many others, I also suspect.
            Now there is good news, too. Mostly it applies to the survivors of whatever comes our way. We humans are ingenious, and that will help things along in the future, whatever that turns out to be.
            But it is the intervening time that will be terrible. So be it. That's why I can be jaded, even in spite of my Golden Rule instincts.  And it will affect us all, some more than others. So much for my religion.
            Last I do believe in the vote, and if the majority voted for their politicians, and their Family to die in misery, so be it. I just wish they knew what is probably coming.

No comments: