Translate

Saturday, November 17, 2012


A jack of all trades and a master of none
            This post is just from the hinterlands in the new world USA. In my case, it is east Tennessee.
            What I learned in 9th grade wood shop class paid off again. Now that was around 50 years ago and in urban Virginia outside of D.C.
            The new wood stove is hooked up and working, and burning off the usual initial foul smell.  I’ll check back in a while, but so far, so good.
            Like the smoke and carbon monoxide is going up the chimney, vice into the house.
            Now I did put in a “damper” in the exhaust pipe, too; and that seems to be working OK, too.
            Now I do have some final “tune up” work to do, like maybe 1 or 2% of my time. That is as was planned for.
            The earlier more primitive wood stove is nearby, and I will move it probably to the Cliff Pond shelter to help the effort there, mostly to help refugees during the cold season if it comes  to that. Even one can cook off of it, if we need to. By the way, one can cook and bake off of the new wood stove, too.
            Now this older wood stove weighs a lot (like 200 pounds), but I will use human ingenuity to make it happen OK.

No comments: